Total Raised For St. Jude (Since 2008): $5,110
Total Raised This Year: $2,010


Friday, December 3, 2010

24 Hours to Go!

I can't tell you how excited I am for my third marathon. Given my first 2 experiences with the marathon, I am not sure why I get excited for such self imposed torture. However this year I have felt stronger than ever. I have trained exclusive on hills for the first time and been very encouraged with both my strategy and training.


And then last night hit.


In a matter of moments, I went to feeling fine to having a horrible head cold. I can barely breathe, I have sinus pressure that is unbearable and I am fighting to keep a cough out of my chest. Well the marathon is about persevering so I will lace them up regardless and sprint, run, walk, waddle or crawl for 26.2 miles. Oh and the low temperature went from 40 degrees to 31 degrees over an hours time last night (yes, I check the weather regularly). Perhaps I am now second guessing the whole shaving my head bald thing.


With that said, I am still thrilled to be doing this again. I can't wait until mile 6 when I run through the campus of St. Jude and see all the children for whom this cause is for. 26.2 miles is waiting. Let's just hope I do better than this person.



1 comment:

Julie D said...

Good luck on Marathon #3!