Total Raised For St. Jude (Since 2008): $5,110
Total Raised This Year: $2,010


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Contemplating 2011

3 years of running has taken its toll on me. I have had 6 months of inactivity due to tendinitis. Today, much weaker and 10 pounds heavier, I ran 5 miles for the first time since the Memphis St. Jude Marathon and I felt pretty good. Thoughts kept going through my head wondering if I could really do this again. Could my body really hold up? Could I possibly find the time? Could I find a way not to collapse in the middle of the stupid road this time? I really want to run this again but I don't know if my body will let me. I am open to the possibility which is more than I could say a few months ago. It makes it equally hard to turn down given the fact that my sponsors have donated over $5000 to St. Jude over the last three years. So today I ran looking for validation that I should subject myself to this glorious affliction once again. After the run, I checked the Memphis St. Jude Marathon website for prices and I saw this bald man staring back at me.




I had two split second reactions to this picture. One, that is one handsome fellow and two, that was me! Yeah.. that's my picture on the front of the website. I am equally as excited that they didn't take a picture of me lying in the road at mile 21.

So here I am counting the cost once again. Very few things in my life have been more rewarding than this race and the benefits it brings to the children of St. Jude. I am going to "try" for a long run on Friday. If I make it, I may be throwing in my chips once again.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Julie D said...

Sorry to hear that you had a tough time with injury! Ease back into things slowly... no need to put so much pressure on yourself so soon.

Unknown said...

Well, if that's not a sign, don't know what is!

Just be careful this weekend with the running and good luck!