Total Raised For St. Jude (Since 2008): $5,110
Total Raised This Year: $2,010


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Year 3

8 months ago was my 2nd year running the Memphis St. Jude Marathon. It was my best marathon running 26.2 miles in 4 hours and 24 minutes which was 10 minutes faster than the first year. It wasn't long after the marathon where I started focusing towards this year and wondering if I could be better in this year's marathon.

Fast forward to June of this year and you will find me lying in the middle of the road at mile 9 of a 10 mile race. Completely exhausted and dehydrated, I realized I have a very long way to go if I want to run this marathon in December.

So it's now week 2 of 16 weeks of marathon training. This is my third time I am running to raise support for the children of St. Jude. My long run for the week was today of 7 miles. I finished before the sun came up. I think it's going to be a long 3 1/2 months of training. Here's to hoping in December, if you find me on the 26.2 mile course, I won't be sprawled out in the middle of the street. At this point, I am making no guarantees.

No comments: