Total Raised For St. Jude (Since 2008): $5,110
Total Raised This Year: $2,010


Monday, August 30, 2010

Armed and Dangerous


After 2 dog encounters over the last 2 weeks, one which was too friendly and one which was the complete opposite, I decided it was time to be prepared. I recently purchased pepper spray. I think I broke a young girl's heart at Pet Smart asking if they sold pepper spray for dogs. They actually did but it was too big to run with, so I got my spray at Fleet Feet. Don't worry dog lovers, I will not use it unless I am 100% certain I am being attacked.

I am now in the beginning of week 4 of my training and things are going well. I am starting to get some confidence and I haven't had to stop in the middle of a run since week 1. I ran 9 miles last Saturday and next Saturday will be my first double digit run since I was laying in the middle of the road in early June during my 10 mile race. I feel myself getting stronger but still can't imagine feeling confident enough to finish a whole marathon.

Next Monday (Labor Day) is my first race in a while. It is the Franklin Classic 10k (6.2 miles) and afterwards, my almost 4 year old Charlie will run in his first kid's race of 1k which is 6/10 of a mile. My parents bought him a medal to give him at the finish. Hopefully he doesn't quit. I can't imagine him not having enough energy to finish anything. It should be a lot of fun to cheer him on.

  • 95 Days, 13 hours, 32 minutes and 2 seconds to race day.
  • Total training miles (Since August 1): 63.1 miles
  • Total time running (Since August 1): 10 hours, 26 minutes

No comments: