Total Raised For St. Jude (Since 2008): $5,110
Total Raised This Year: $2,010


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Long Run and a New Runner

Well I hit my first double digit run of training. I ran 10 miles yesterday and it was much easier than expected. I would like to attribute this to my amazingly ripped runner's body (note sarcasm) but likely it was due to a beautiful morning run that was in the mid 60's. My right knee has been a little sore but hopefully it won't get any worse. It has been bothering me since my first marathon back in 2008.

Tomorrow I run the Franklin Classic 10k which is my first race in a while. While I am excited to see if I can run a sub 9 minute mile pace, I more excited about my little man's first race. I honestly don't think he is
going to do very well since he has never run before, but man does he look good! And looking good is the most important thing for a young single guy such as my 3 year old. Charlie will be running a 1k (.6 miles) kid's race after mine. His grandmother and aunt drove in from Memphis just to cheer him on. They even bought him a medal for the finish line. Charlie will get his first post race report tomorrow after his race.


  • 89 Days, 8 Hours and 33 Minutes Until St. Jude Marathon
  • Total Training Miles (since August 1): 84.10 miles
  • Total Time Running (since August 1): 13 hours, 41 minutes and 48 seconds


No comments: